You know how I love Masterchef Australia, well I was watching the new Season the other evening and Marco Pierre White was on and he did this dish with fish. DH loves fish so I thought I would have a go but had to change some of the ingredients as DH wouldn’t like some of them. Anyway here is the recipe.
Two fillets of white fleshy fish like Cod or Haddock, three Anchovies (I substituted Herring), one shallot, four large tomatoes, one clove of garlic, four black olives (I substituted grapes), olive oil, thyme, coriander, a quarter of a fresh lemon and salt.
1. Chop the shallot finely and crush the garlic to a paste. Core the tomatoes and put them into boiling water to remove the skins. Cut them into quarters and remove the seeds and then chop.
2. Slice the Anchovies (or Herring) into thin strips length ways. Prepare the olives by cutting the cheeks off and then cut them in half.
3. Salt the fish and cook in hot olive oil on both sides, but make sure you don’t over cook it.
4. Whilst you are cooking the fish fry the shallot, garlic and thyme in a pan and when softened add the tomatoes to cook.
5. When the fish is cooked place on a warmed plate, place the Anchovies (or Herring) on the top of the fish and then add the tomato mixture on top of this, finishing with the olives (or grapes) on top. Add a drizzle of olive oil over the finished dish and then a squeeze of lemon and garnish with a little coriander.
Marco served this with fennel but DH doesn’t like fennel so I substituted asparagus.
It is a light and tasty dish although DH was not too impressed with the Herring!!!!! I will put this on my favourite recipes page.
Been busy with work today but the weekend is looking clear so we will be able to get some more jobs finished, especially in the garden.
I hope you are having a lovely day.
Hugs, Susie x