Susie’s Christmas Cookies
Lots of people have asked about the Christmas Cookie recipe for my cookies I made yesterday. So here is my recipe and I have also begun a new page of my favourite recipes.
150g Plain Flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 75g rolled oats, 125g soft butter, 75g dark brown sugar, 100g caster sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 75g dried cranberries, 200g white chocolate chips.
* Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4 and line a baking sheet with grease proof paper or baking parchment.
* Measure the flour, baking powder, salt and rolled oats into a bowl.
* Put the butter and sugars into another bowl and beat until creamy. Then beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
* Then mix in the flour, baking powder, salt and oat mixture. Finally fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
* Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls with your hands and put onto the baking sheets and squash them down lightly with a fork. Make sure you leave room between the cookies for them to spread.
* Cook for 15 minutes and when they are done they should be a pale gold but too soft to lift immediately from the trays. Leave for approximately five minutes to harden and then transfer to a cooling rack.
They can be stored in an airtight container between sheets of baking parchment for up to five days or freeze when cooled in a suitable container for up to three months.
These cookies go down well with children, adults and Santa of course!
15 Days to Go!
Hugs, Susie x