Busy, Busy, Busy.

Eldest’s Girlfriend at her 18th Birthday Party


We all had a wonderful weekend and are just getting back to normal!
Thursday evening we went to Goose Fair, straight from School.  The weather was a real autumn evening, cold and frosty and the lights of the fair looked wonderful.  You know how I have been having problems with technology recently, well its happened again!  I can’t get the pictures I took off my phone and on to the computer, the two devices won’t talk to each other!!!!!!!  I will have to let you see the pictures when I get it sorted!
Friday was another busy day and Eldest’s Girlfriend’s 18th Birthday!  We went round in the evening and took presents and had a look at the Marquee in the garden for the Party on Saturday.  She had been at school all day but had had a few free periods so it wasn’t too bad a way to spend your 18th!
Saturday we were all up bright and early for swimming and DH and They Boys went off to help set things up for the evening.  I had several errands to run which I hadn’t got done the day before.  Again the weather was kind and was sunny during the day and turned cold and frosty for the evening.
We all had a great time and Girlfriend really enjoyed it.  Here are a few pictures taken on the night.


Eldest and Girlfriend dancing.


Everyone is always in the kitchen at parties – especially for the cake!


The dance floor.


The bar in the marquee


DH and Youngest DJ’ing


The Cake


The smoke machine worked well!!!
We didn’t get home until 2.00am and very tired.  Eldest stayed overnight with a few others and slept in the tent in the garden, which was very cold!!!
DH and I were up early again next day as Youngest was at the local Scout camp grounds for the annual Rampage competition.  This is where all the local Scout groups get together and compete against each other in different events such as fire lighting, abseiling, shooting etc.  He had a great day, but on top of the late evening he was tired but still went swimming for two hours that evening!  I had a huge basket of ironing which needed to be done as well as all the clothes from the weekend!
Yesterday saw Eldest take his theory part of the driving exam and passed with flying colours, just the practical to go now!  DH flew off to Spain for three days on business and I was left with the clear up from the weekend!!!!  Last night Scouts were at the local Fire Station for a talk and visit around the station and thankfully it was an early start, but also an early finish so we were home by 8.00pm.  Girlfriend came round for dinner and again left early so by 9.30pm we were all in bed!!!!!
Today I am finishing off some work and have had some good news that the part my car has been waiting for has finally arrived; only five weeks late.  They are hoping to fit it today, so I should be able to get my car back – FINALLY!!!!!!
Quilting you ask?  Yes well I will get some done soon.  In fact I will have to as I have to make a gift for my friend, whose birthday is at the beginning of November, some Christmas presents to be made and the Wicked Blog Hop block to try and sort out!!!  As well as more work on the blocks for Eldest’s quilt!
Oh my!!!!
Have a terrific Tuesday.
Here is Treacle, she is never worried about anything; LOL
Susie x

1 thought on “Busy, Busy, Busy.

  1. Linda

    It looks like the party was a wonderful success! I hope you find time soon to quilt again. Life can get so busy!

Leave a Reply