|The binding on the left I almost matched the stars up!|
|The binding folded over ready for pressing and to be sewn.|
I don’t want to show you the whole quilt yet until it is finished but this is my American Quilt, the kit I got in Orlando in 2010. I finished it last year and thought I would do the quilting myself, until I quilted my Linus quilt on my Janome sewing machine! This quilt was small and I had a lot of trouble doing it, so there was no way I was going to be able to do my full size American quilt!
One of the ladies in our quilt group is a longarm quilter and she kindly said she could do it for me and she did an excellent job. Last night I made the binding and have sewn it on to the front of the quilt and just now need to hand sew it to the back. I also have to put a temporary hanging sleeve on as it is going in our Group’s Quilt Show over the Jubilee Weekend. I will get lots of pictures to show everyone all the quilts. So this weekend will be lots of hand sewing.
I also have five other projects on the go all at different stages! Treacle’s quilt is coming along with some sewing and cutting, I am making something which will be part of my giveaway for the Blog Hop in July, I am starting the blocks for Eldest’s quilt and also going to make a bucket bag as well. Also a very simple but pretty table runner to do in Christmas fabrics. So lots to keep me busy.
Have a lovely Friday, Weekend and Happy Quilting.